Join Us for an Admission Event:
- Lower School Tours
- Middle and Upper School Tours
- Upcoming Webinars
- Student Visit Information
- Lower School and Beyond
- Middle and Upper School Showcase
- Virtual Tour
Lower School Tours
Lower school tours allow prospective parents to observe teachers and students engaged and learning in the classroom. The extended tours will also include a glimpse into middle and upper school so you can experience the entire ESD journey. These events are for adults only.
All tours will begin promptly at 9:15 a.m.
Tuesday, September 20 Thursday, October 6 - full Tuesday, October 18 - full Tuesday, October 25 (Grades 2 - 4 only) - full Thursday, October 27 - full Tuesday, November 1 (extended) - full Tuesday, November 8 Tuesday, November 15
- Tuesday, November 29
- Thursday, December 8 (extended)
- Tuesday, January 10
- Thursday, January 12 (Grades 2 - 4 only)
Middle and Upper School Tours
Middle and upper school student-led tours allow prospective parents to observe teachers and students engaged and learning in the classroom. The middle school tour will include a glimpse into upper school so you can experience the entire ESD journey. These events are for adults only.
All tours will begin promptly at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 21
- Wednesday, September 28
- Wednesday, November 2
- Wednesday, November 9 (upper school only)
- Wednesday, November 16
- Wednesday, November 30
- Wednesday, January 11
- Monday, January 16 - Class of 2027 MLK Day of Service program for students and parents (9th grade applicants only)
We will be offering a series of optional webinars in the coming weeks to provide a deeper look into the Eagle Experience. We invite you to drop-in and watch (attendees will not be seen) and enter your questions in the chat. Links and registration will be available soon.
- February 27 at 12 p.m. - Upper School Lunch Break
- Informal session with Dave Baad, Head of School, and Henry Heil, Head of Upper School
- January 30 at 7 p.m. - What does it mean to be an Episcopal School?
- Learn more about what Episcopal Identity means at ESD and how it impacts our community. This discussion will be lead by Ruth Burke, our Associate Head of School, and will include all three divisional Chaplains: Nate Bostian, Matt Stroud and Toni Luc, as well as our Director of DEI, Dr. Liz Goatley, and our Community Service Director, Courtney Phelps. You may submit questions ahead of time or via the chat during the presentation.
- February 8 at 8:30 a.m. - Student Academic and Emotional Support
- Learn more about how we support emotional wellness, navigate social and academic transitions, and what we can and cannot do regarding learning support.
- February 8 at 12 p.m. - Affordability
- Learn more about our amazing Tuition Assistance program and what affording an ESD education may look like for your family.
- February 17 at 12 p.m. - Middle School Lunch Break
- Informal session with Dave Baad, Head of School, and Jonathan Chein, Head of Middle School
- February 21 at 12 p.m. - Lower School Lunch Break
- Informal session with Dave Baad, Head of School, and Tracey Shirey, Head of Lower School
Student Visit Information
Applicants interested in Grades 1 - 11 are required to spend half a day at ESD through the Student Visit Program. Each visiting student will be an 'Eagle for the Day' and experience a day in the life at ESD.
We recommend scheduling your visit as early as possible to avoid limited date and time availability. Registration takes place in the ESD application portal.
We look forward to meeting you! Please read the following information carefully prior to your visit. For any additional questions, please contact Margaret Oden '11 at 214-353-5740 or email@example.com.
First Grade Visits
DATES: January 24 and 25 (register through admission portal)
TIME: 10:00 - 11:45 a.m.
LOCATION: ESD Lower School
PARKING: Specifics will be sent via email.
DETAILS: Candidates will have an exciting morning with our teachers and will get to experience life at ESD. During their visit, they will complete our school-administered first-grade assessment. Lunch will not be provided. Parents will not stay on campus during the visit.
Second - Fourth Grade Visits
DATES: November 30, December 1, January 18, January 19 (register through admission portal)
Grade 2 - 9:20 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Grade 3 - 8:50 a.m. to 1:05 p.m.
Grade 4 - 10:35 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: ESD Lower School
PARKING: Specifics will be sent via email.
DETAILS: Candidates will join a homeroom class of their current grade (not apply grade) and attend classes, meet faculty members, and have lunch with current students. During their visit, candidates will complete our school-administered grade level assessment. Parents will not stay on campus during the visit.
Visitors will attend three classes, Chapel and advisory, and enjoy lunch with peers. Fifth-grade applicants will visit with fifth grade. Sixth through eighth-grade applicants will visit with their current grade level. All student hosts are thoughtfully paired with your applicant in an attempt to make them feel at ease in our community. There is an opportunity on the application to share your child's interests in an effort to best pair our hosts with our applicants.
Middle school visits will take place from 8:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Visiting students are to enter through the main school doors at 4100 Merrell Road and report to the Office of Admission, where they are paired with their student host. Please plan to enter Gate #3 by the security booth. If Gate #3 is blocked for carpool, you may proceed to Gate #4 and park anywhere in the main parking lot, including parent/visitor spots.
Please bring a book to read in class in the event of a test or quiz.
Lunch will be provided.
Fifth through seventh-grade applicants may bring a change of clothes in the event they attend a P.E. class during their visit and would like to participate.
Please note cell phones are not allowed for middle school students. If your child needs to bring a phone, they may leave it in the Office of Admission.
Due to our seven-day rotating schedules, we cannot always accommodate special requests for class preference during middle school visits.
Student interviews will not take place during the visit and will be conducted virtually at another time.
Applicants will meet with upper school leadership, have an in-depth campus tour led by Student Ambassadors, sit in on two upper school classes, and enjoy daily worship.
- Upper school visits will take place from 8:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Visiting students are to enter through the main school doors at 4100 Merrell Road and report to the Office of Admission. Please plan to enter Gate #3 by the security booth. If Gate #3 is blocked for carpool, you may proceed to Gate #4 and park anywhere in the main parking lot, including parent/visitor spots.
- Upper school students are allowed to carry their phones but they will be asked to check them in as they enter classrooms.
- Lunch will not be provided.
- Student interviews will not take place during the visit and will be conducted virtually at another time.
Lower School and Beyond
Join us Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.!
This event allows prospective parents to hear from school leadership and students about what it means to be an ESD Eagle from age three through grade twelve framed by our Hallmarks of an ESD Education. This event is for adults only. *While the program does not include a formal tour, the Lower School building will be open at 5:15 p.m. for you to explore if you have not had the chance to do so.
Middle and Upper School Showcase
Join us Sunday, December 4, at 1:00 p.m.!
Come early for the Athletics Fair at 12:15 p.m. for an opportunity to visit with our coaches and/or team captains.
The Middle and Upper School Showcase is an opportunity for applicants and their families to learn all about ESD. The afternoon will provide an overview of our academic programs, followed by a variety of breakout sessions including hands-on science experiments, insight into our Episcopal Identity, a student and parent life Q&A, information about our outdoor education program and more.
This event is intended for students and parents.
Can't make it to campus? No problem!
Now, you and your family can explore ESD's campus virtually with our campus map and galleries.
Register to Attend an Event
Events at a Glance
From Eagle to Eagle
Hear what our community members have to say about ESD: