PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES.
1. DON'T MISS: December Arts Performances
These next few weeks are filled with arts performances. Make sure to mark your calendars for these events:
- Seventh-grade Improv Show: Thursday, December 13 at 10:55 a.m. in the Black Box Theater.
- Sixth-grade theater presentation: Wednesday, December 12 at 12:45 p.m. in the Black Box Theater
- Fifth-grade Mime Show: Tuesday, December 18 at 2:35 p.m. in the Black Box Theater
2. MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Holiday Events at ESD
We also have several special holiday events over the next few weeks.
- 12/14: Lessons and Carols 2:15 p.m. in the Competition Gymnasium
See the full list of events here.
3. DON'T MISS: ESDPA Uniform Resale Shop
The ESDPA Uniform Resale Shop will be open on the following dates:
- Wednesday, December 19 from 7:45-8:45 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 p.m.
4. HELP US: St. Philip's Christmas Dinner Collection
Middle School is collecting items for the St. Philip's Christmas Dinner Collection and will be accepting donations until December 17. Each advisory will be filling two (2) boxes, so as each student is assigned a donation item, make sure you are fulfilling the correct amount. View the list of items for each box here.
5. NOTE: Exam Schedule for Seventh and Eighth
Exams for seventh and eighth-grade students will be held December 19 - 20. Students will still be released at 12:00 p.m. on December 20.
6. HELP US: Holiday Community Service Opportunities
There are several opportunities to volunteer and give back to our Dallas community this holiday season. Click here for a list of local service opportunities. You can also view this comprehensive file compiled by Director of Community Service Learning Courtney Phelps.
7. IMPORTANT DATES: Christmas Break
The last day of class for Middle School students is Thursday, December 20. Students will be released at 12:00 p.m. Christmas break will be December 21 through January 7.
8. COMING SOON: ESDPA AUCTION “OH, WHAT A NIGHT!” - FEBRUARY 9, 2019 AT THE STATLER HOTEL
Get the best seats in the house for the Auction Event and Show!
Grab a group of friends and split the cost of a table sponsorship. Click here for Table Sponsorships. Hurry, we must receive your response by January 11 for you to be included as a sponsor in the Auction program. Individual tickets will go on sale January 9.
Raffle Tickets On Sale Now: Win a $5,000 Highland Park Village Shopping Experience
The lucky winner of this year’s Auction Raffle will receive a $5,000 Highland Park Village shopping spree and may also enlist The Village’s team of expert personal stylists, should they choose. $100 for 1 ticket; $250 for 3 tickets; or $500 for 7 tickets. Click here to Buy Raffle Tickets.
Buy these Experiences! Tickets are still available for these fun events:
December 20: ESDPA Mary Poppins @ Studio Movie Grill. Buy the Experience
January 11: ESDPA Book Your Bike @ SoulCycle. Buy the Experience
January 11: ESDPA Mama Mia! Here We Go Again Middle School Girls Movie Night @ Merrell Road Campus Buy the Experience
January 31: ESDPA Wine Tasting at the home of Monica and Joe Eastin. Buy the Experience
7. Getting Ready for Re-Enrollment 2019-20
Re-enrollment for the 2019-20 school year will open on February 1, 2019. We will use DocuSign to gather electronic signatures for the Tuition and Enrollment Agreements. Each parent will sign an Agreement using a unique email address. To ensure a smooth process, please check that each parent's email address in Senior Systems is accurate.
News to note:
- You will be billed for tuition and incidentals through FACTS Management instead of My Backpack.
- Create a profile and enter your payment information one time in FACTS. You can use a card or checking/savings.
- More information will be shared after the holiday break.