September 17 Dates for Upper School Parents
Posted 09/15/2018 03:00PM
UPCOMING DATES FOR UPPER SCHOOL FAMILIES:
- Reminder, on September 14 - Check Period for Grades and Feedback in Schoology
- September 17: ESDPA Speaker Series featuring Amy Blankson; 12:00 p.m. at the Lower School and 7:00 p.m. at the Merrell Road Campus. Click here to RSVP.
- September 17-20: FCD Program for Middle and Upper School
- September 19: ESDPA Uniform Resale Shop Open; 7:45-8:45 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- September 19: FCD Parent Coffee; 8:30 a.m. in the South Dining Room. RSVP here.
- September 20: Head of School Installation; 2:00 p.m. in the Competition Gymnasium. Grades 4 through 12 will attend. Click here for more information about the event. (Formal Dress Day including blazers)
- September 22: Upper School Back-to-School Dance: Technotica; 7:30 p.m. Dance Fact Sheet.
- September 26: Eucharist (Formal Dress Day)
- September 26-27: Two Freshman Advisories to Wolf Run (Mitchell and Tsao)
- September 27: Senior Rally Day; 12:35 p.m.
- September 28: Code of Conduct Signing in Chapel
- October 2: Middle and Upper School Dance Performance, "Art in Motion" 6:00 p.m.
- October 3: Eucharist (Formal Dress Day)
- October 3: ESDPA Uniform Resale Shop Open; 7:45-8:45 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- October 4: Upper School Early Release at 12:35 p.m., Faculty In-service Following
- October 4: Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day at 3820 W NWHwy. Mention ESD so that funds benefit St. Philip's Community Center Christmas Store
- October 5-8: Fall Break
- October 9: Senior and Fifth Grade Buddy Lunch and Chapel (Twin Day)
- October 10: Special Programming Day
- Freshmen: PSAT 9 and Community Service
- Sophomores and Juniors: PSAT
- Seniors: Class photo, Dedman Lecture
- October 12: Quarter 1 Check Period
- October 12: Yearbook Picture Retakes
- October 15: All School Fall Choir Concert (includes Fourth Grade Singers, Middle and Upper School Choirs)
- October 17: Junior Class to Wolf Run
- October 17: Eucharist (Formal Dress Day)
- October 17: ESDPA Uniform Resale Shop Open; 7:45-8:45 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- October 18-20: Upper School Play Performance, "A Wrinkle in Time;" 7:00 p.m. in Bray Performance Hall
- October 22-26: Spirit Week
- October 23: Coffee and Conversation with Henry Heil - Topic: Teen Drinking and Parenting; 8:30 a.m. *note* this session will be conducted online only using GoTo Meeting. Parents will have the ability to participate from wherever they are and ask questions and voice concerns in a manner in which they are comfortable. RSVP here.
- October 24: Eucharist (Formal Dress Day)
- October 24: Middle and Upper School Band Concert (Grades 7-12)
- October 26: Homecoming Community Events and Varsity Football Game (details to come!)
- October 27: Upper School Homecoming Dance
- October 31: Middle School and Upper School Conference Day (No Classes for Students)