IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR LOWER SCHOOL FAMILIES
1. SIGN UP: Don't Forget to Sign Up for Emergency Alerts Each Year
We clear out alerts manager every year to ensure everyone gets the only the information they want. If you have not already, please sign up for Emergency Alerts and alerts for your child's grade. This system is only used in emergency situations, including inclement weather. If you sign up for athletics, headlines, or division messages, you may receive other non-urgent alerts.
We will be testing the system at the end of September.
2. RSVP: The first Bright Starts is Wednesday, September 12
Join Tracey Shirey at 8:05 a.m. in the Lower School Theater. The topic is "Communication and Lower School Progress." All Lower School parents welcome! RSVP here.
3. GEAR UP FOR PROM! Today, September 10, is the last day to order.
Special jackets are available for Lower School students. Click the link to see and order:www.esdallas.org/gearup.
4. RSVP: Monday, September 17: ESDPA Speaker Series featuring Amy Blankston
5. JOIN US! - TWO EVENTS: Lower School Moms in Prayer and Third and Fourth Grade Bible Study
Moms in Prayer for ALL Lower School moms, Tuesdays, 8:00-8:30 a.m. in Chapel Conference room across from St. Michael's chapel.
Third and Fourth Grade Bible Study: Project God! "We Are God's Workmanship." Ephesians 2:10 Beginning September 11, third and fourth grade students (and parents) are encouraged to join in a before school weekly Bible study. Students alone, or accompanied by a parent, may join in an interactive study and fellowship. We will begin our adventure studying The Gospel of Mark. Light breakfast will be provided.
Third and Fourth Grade Bible Study - every Tuesday from 7:20-7:45 i
No need to worry about weekly attendance or being late, just join when able.
6. RSVP: Thursday, September 20: Head of School Installation and Early Release Day for Beginner - Third Grade
Installation is at 2:00 p.m. in the Competition Gymnasium on Thursday, September 20. Grades 4 through 12 will attend and sit with their advisors and teachers. Younger students, Beginner through third grade, are welcome to attend and sit with their parents in special reserved seating. Click here for more information and to RVSP.
So that all Lower School teachers can attend, students in grades Beginner through third grade will be released at 11:45 a.m. There will be no Beginner afternoon classes.
For those who cannot make the event, the event will be live streamed.
7. RSVP: Friday, September 21: Make Your Mark on the New Lower School at Lower School Sports Night
RSVP here for the varsity volleyball and football games to sign an actual beam for the new Lower School!
- Enjoy dinner grilled by the Dads' Partnership
- Learn about and see the construction site up above in the Competition Gymnasium
- Cheer on volleyball against rival Greenhill
- Be on the field and a part of the tunnel varsity football runs through
- All night:
- Make your mark on an actual beam that will be placed in the new Lower School!
8. ONGOING: Eagle's Lacrosse registration is open for boys (K-12) and girls (2nd-12).
If you're interested, sign up today! Registration is closing soon. This is a great way to develop skills and have fun.
9. GET YOUR TICKETS! Spooktacular, aka one of the favorite LS events of the year - Is Saturday, October 20
The 2018 Spooktacular Carnival will take place on Saturday, October 20 from 2:00-5:00 p.m., Merrell Road Campus - Baseball Field
Tickets can be purchased at www.esdallas.org/carnival.
10. NOTE: Flu Shots Coming to the Lower School
Dr. Matthew Simon's staff is providing a flu clinic for ESD Lower School students and parents on Tuesday, September 18 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the LS Theater at the Colgate Campus. Anyone 6 months and older may receive the flu vaccine during the clinic so mark your calendars now! The cost will be $30 per person and payment may be made by credit card, cash or check made payable to Park Cities Pediatrics. This year's vaccine provides coverage for Influenza A, two strains of Influenza B and H1N1 viruses. No appointment is necessary, but to have enough vaccine on hand, an email to Nurse Carla would be appreciated at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great opportunity to protect our school community and your family against influenza, so we hope you will take advantage and get immunized!
Carla Thomas, BSN, RN
11. PRO-TIP: Getting the Most Accurate Directory Information
Printed ESD directories are on the way to your homes. Looking for the most up-to-date information - be sure to add the directory to your phone:
12. DID YOU KNOW: The Merrell Road Campus Hosts a Parent Boot Camp
ESD offers a boot camp for parents. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 5:30, 7:00, and 8:15. Cost is $25 drop-in or $150 per month unlimited. Class meets rain or shine in the Swann Center or on the turf. Just show up with a mat and water.
13. CALLING FUTURE EAGLES! We Want to Meet Your Friends
Know a family that would be a great fit at ESD? Applications for the 2019-20 school year are now available. Invite friends to visit www.esdallas.org/admission or to call Sarah at 214-353-5757.