PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES.
1. SIGN UP: Don't Forget to Sign Up for Emergency Alerts Each Year
We clear out alerts manager every year to ensure everyone gets the only the information they want. If you have not already, please sign up for Emergency Alerts and your child's grade. This system is only used in emergency and urgent situations, like inclement weather and travel delays. If you sign up for athletics, headlines, or division messages, you may receive other non-urgent alerts.
We will be testing the system at the end of September.
2. JOIN US: The Middle Matters with Chelle Wabrek on Accountability and Commitments Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 11
- RSVP: Tuesday, September 11: The Middle Matters with Chelle Wabrek on Accountability and Commitments; 8:15 a.m. in the North Dining Conference Room. RSVP here.
3. GEAR UP FOR PROM: TODAY, Monday, September 10, is the last day to order.
A special hoodie is available for Middle School students. Learn more and order here: www.esdallas.org/gearup.
4. DON'T FORGET: Mandatory Sixth Grade Parent Meeting About DC Is This Thursday, September 13
All sixth grade parents must attend the Washington D.C. trip meeting on Thursday morning from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. in the Bray Performance Hall.
5. RSVP: Monday, September 17: ESDPA Speaker Series featuring Amy Blankston
6. RSVP: Special Parent Session by Freedom from Chemical Dependency on Wednesday, September 19 at 8:30 a.m.
The FCD (Freedom from Chemical Dependency) Prevention Specialists will present a parent workshop to offer support and guidance in helping your children enjoy a drug-free adolescence. Parents of children in grades five through 12 are invited to attend. The meeting will take place on Wednesday, September 19 at 8:30 a.m. in the South Dining Room of the Daryl Johnston Family Dining Commons. RSVP here.
Some of the topics to be addressed include:
- Effective ways to communicate with your child about drugs and drug use
- Up-to-date facts about current drug use and trends
- What to say about your own experience with alcohol and/or drug experimentation
- How to spot early warning signs of trouble and effective ways to respond
7. RSVP: Thursday, September 20: Head of School Installation
Installation is at 2:00 p.m. in the Competition Gymnasium on Thursday, September 20. Grades 4 through 12 will attend and sit with their advisors and teachers. Younger students, Beginner through third grade, are welcome to attend and sit with parents in special reserved seating. Click here for more information and to RVSP.
For those who cannot make the event, the event will be live streamed.
8. ONGOING: Eagle's Lacrosse registration is open for boys (K-12) and girls (2nd-12).
If you're interested, sign up today! Registration is closing soon. This is a great way to develop skills and have fun.
9. PRO-TIP: Getting the Most Accurate Directory Information (AND Your Child's Schedule!)
Printed ESD directories are on the way to your homes. Looking for the most up-to-date information - be sure to add the directory to your phone:
10. PRO-TIP: You Can Get Your Flu Shot at ESD
Dr. James Pfister will provide a flu clinic for ESD families/students this year on Friday, October 19 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. in the Health Clinic on the Merrell Campus. Anyone six months and older may receive the flu vaccine during the clinic so mark your calendars now! This year's vaccine provides coverage for Influenza A, H1N1 as well as 2 Influenza B strains. The cost will be $30 per person and payment will only be accepted in the form of cash or check made payable to Dr. Pfister. No appointment is necessary, but it is nice to know how many people to plan for, so an email to Marcia Biggs would be greatly appreciated. Biggsm@esdallas.org
This is a great opportunity to protect our school community and your family against influenza, so we hope you will take advantage and get immunized!
11. DID YOU KNOW: The Merrell Road Campus Hosts a Parent Boot Camp
ESD offers a boot camp for parents. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 5:30, 7:00, and 8:15. Cost is $25 drop-in or $150 per month unlimited. Class meets rain or shine in the Swann Center or on the turf. Just show up with a mat and water.
12. CALLING FUTURE EAGLES! We Want to Meet Your Friends
Know a family that would be a great fit at ESD? Applications for the 2019-20 school year are now available. Invite friends to visit www.esdallas.org/admission or to call Sarah at 214-353-5757.
BE ON THE WATCH FOR EAGLE PRIDE ITEMS!
Other Eagle Pride 2018 Spirit Items will be sold at Back to School Events and Home Football Games! All net proceeds help fund the Junior/Senior Prom. Questions? Contact Ann Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anne Blaylock (email@example.com)