The construction of the new Lower School, taking us closer and closer to all three divisions uniting on one campus, started in early June and remains on schedule to open the summer of 2019. The best way to get caught up on the progress is to take a few minutes to watch the time-lapse video linked here. It truly is impressive to see everything accomplished in the first eight weeks!
- The clearing and preparation of the construction site
- Major completion of rock excavation and removal (79 truckloads of rock!)
- Preparation of the building pad and readiness for the pouring of the slab
- Concrete foundation piers that will support the building have been drilled and poured
- Progress on the underslab electrical and plumbing lines (the east side is complete)
- Horizontal foundation grade beams have been formed and poured
- Underground site utilities are in progress
Through the month of August, the foundation will be poured, and we will see the arrival of the large steel beams which will form the skeleton of the building. This is when we will begin to see the building take shape, literally.