Below ARE FIVE UPCOMING THINGS to note for Lower School families.
1. SHOW YOUR EAGLE SPIRIT, SUPPORT ESD AT SPC!
Dallas-area SPC schools will host the 2018 SPC Spring Championships for girls lacrosse (who just won district yesterday, defeating Highland Park!), track and field, and tennis from May 3-5. Game locations will vary, with girls lacrosse being hosted on ESD's Merrell Road Campus. Click here for more information, schedules, and brackets for this weekend's events.
- Championships are already underway for boys golf, with student-athletes competing in Houston today and tomorrow.
- After winning first place in the boys lacrosse SPC championships last weekend, ESD's boys lacrosse team will compete in a district playoff game against Plano West tomorrow night (May 1.) The game will take place in the Gene and Jerry Jones Family Stadium at 6:00 p.m.
2. EAGLE'S NEST SALE THIS MONTH, MAY 1-24
The Eagle's Nest will be hosting a sale throughout the month, from May 1-24. Take 20-40% off storewide during this big end-of-the-year sale. All net proceeds help support tuition assistance!
3. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: TICKETS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL MUSICAL ON SALE NOW!
The Middle School musical Into the Woods Jr. will run for four performances next week, from May 9-11 at 6:00 p.m. and on May 12 at 2:00 p.m. All performances will take place in the Bray Performance Hall on Merrell Road Campus. Watch our Middle School students perform the classic musical, as James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim send your favorite fairytale characters in directions the Brothers Grimm never imagined! Buy your tickets here.
- The Fine Arts Network (FAN) and the cast of Into the Woods will be collecting fairytale books for Mi Escuelita Preschool's summer book program, where their goal is to send each of their 550 students home for the summer with at least one book as they often do not have books of their own.
- Donation bins will be set up in the Frank atrium and the Study Commons during performances (May 9-12).
- Books should be appropriate for a Pre-K to Kindergarten aged child.
4. RISING FIFTH-GRADE PARENTS: JOIN CHELLE WABREK FOR COFFEE AND CONVERSATION
Interim Head of Middle School, Chelle Wabrek, will be hosting coffee and conversation event on Thursday, May 10 for all 2018-19 Middle School families. The meeting will take place in the Daryl Johnston Family Dining Commons on the Merrell Road Campus. Coffee will be served starting at 8:00 a.m. with remarks from Chelle starting at 8:15. Click here to RSVP.
5. MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR ALL-SCHOOL SPRING STRINGS CONCERT
An All-School Spring Strings Concert will be held on Monday, May 14 in the Bray Performance Hall at 6:00 p.m. Come see our talented musicians of all ages, from Lower to Upper School, as they perform a variety of songs on their strings instruments!