Registration for summer programs is open. A full list of camps can be found at www.esdallas.org/summercamp.
There are a couple of things you should know, so please read carefully.
1. If you are interested in academic classes, I've created a list of academic credit courses and teacher recommended enrichment classes that can be found here.
2. If your child is going to take an academic class for credit, the summer school guidelines found
here answer the most frequently asked questions, including refunds, deposits, cancellation, and attendance policies. Please read these carefully. Of particular note is that a student may not miss more than two days for a semester class. This policy is strictly enforced.
3. Registration is through MyBackPack and uses your ESD Community Login. Creating a new account will delay processing your request. You can view all programs and register at www.esdallas.org/summercamp
4. Please make sure you complete the registration properly. You must click "PAY AND SUBMIT" for it to go through. If you completed it correctly you should see the word submitted on your registration page, and you should receive an automatic response email. Even if you waitlist for a class and don't have to pay anything you still need to click "PAY AND SUBMIT."
If you are not absolutely certain that your registration went through, email me and I will confirm. I cannot be responsible for a registration that I never receive, and it only takes a minute for me to confirm. Final email confirmations are not sent out until I have formally placed a student in a class and the business office processes the payment.
5. There is a 5-day grace period to allow all families to register. February 26 at 3:00 p.m. is the cutoff for this grace period. It is possible that you will see a class is full and you will have to waitlist. This doesn't mean anything before the end of the grace period. You may still get the class you want.
6. If a class fills prior to February 26 at 3:00 p.m., Henry Heil and I will use a series of objective tiebreakers to determine which students get a spot in the class. If your child doesn't get into a class that you paid for you will be refunded 100%. If you get into a class that you waitlisted for, you can pay the entire amount when you are notified that you have a spot in the class.
7. This means that even though you may have registered first you are not guaranteed a spot in the class you request. There is not an advantage to registering on February 21 at noon vs. February 26 at 2:59 p.m. You have until February 26 at 3:00 p.m. to register and you will be in the same position as someone who has registered on February 21 at noon.
8. After February 26 at 3:00 p.m. registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Camp Director Mike Schneider. He's happy to help! 214-353-5854 / email@example.com