Students, faculty, and staff of the Merrell Road Campus gathered in chapel this morning to sign ESD's Code of Conduct. This document indicates that the ESD community is bound by honor, respect, and integrity. As a school, we expect our students to exhibit these qualities in and out of the classroom, and hold each other up to the standard set forth in the Code of Conduct.
Before signing, students recited the ESD Mission and the principles of honor, respect, and integrity of which they are bound. They are as follows:
1. Trust is the key to mutual respect, honor, and integrity.
2. Each of us is accountable for our actions and interactions.
3. We respect one another's ideas, perspectives, property, and boundaries.
4. We strive to be kind, fair, and compassionate.
5. We abide by our Academic Pledge: "I will not lie, cheat, or steal."
6. We have a calling to do our best for ourselves and others, every day.
As a community, we take pride in making a commitment to these higher ideals, and commend our students for adhering to the pledge they have signed today. Go Eagles!