GOAL ONE: EXCELLENCE IN LEARNING AND TEACHING
Our students will name the question as well as the solution.
OUTCOME: ESD is recognized as an educational leader with a curriculum that incorporates collaborative, interdisciplinary, and inquiry- and project-based learning.
The foundation of our strategic plan is our core business: learning and teaching. Each of the strategic plan’s five core goals is driven by our promise to provide the very best learning and teaching environment for our students and teachers. Accordingly, Goal One, Excellence in Learning and Teaching, is the most extensive and multi-faceted goal of ESD Tomorrow. Initiatives underway include a school-wide curriculum review, expanded opportunities for professional development and training for faculty, implementation of faculty innovation plans, persistent analysis of the Middle and Upper School schedules, implementation of Schoology (a comprehensive learning management system), development of a discipline matrix to support the Code of Conduct, investigation of potential new program directions and infrastructure support for the arts, and continuing research and analysis to further enhance and broaden our programs in the sciences.
The Episcopal School of Dallas will always provide students a rich educational experience framed by opportunities in daily worship, the outdoors, service to others, the arts, and wellness. To be effective, the School must also infuse students with habits of mind and practice essential for success – collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, communication, and strength of character. ESD Tomorrow calls us to examine and implement innovative modes of instruction that instill these empowering skills.
The Excellence in Learning and Teaching Initiative will:
• Incorporate instructional methods, tools, and resources centered on student inquiry and hands-on learning
• Invigorate ESD’s Code of Conduct as a crucial element in character and leadership development
• Expand and deepen the School’s STEM program (Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics), cultivating students’ powers of inquiry, creativity, and invention
• Elevate the visual and performing arts by supporting exemplary and comprehensive offerings
• Vitalize a range of integral, co-curricular programs, including outdoor education, college counseling, and service learning