Earlier today, Head of School Dave Baad and Athletic Director Dan Gill announced:
Over the past two weeks, athletic administrators from our peer north zone SPC schools have been in discussions regarding a timeline for a return to play of upper school fall sports. This week, they have agreed upon dates which, should health conditions continue to improve, give our athletes an opportunity for competition. The schedule allows for a phased-in return to practice and competition that will only occur if our community maintains health protocols and a low infection rate. Your cooperation with our processes is mandatory if we wish to be part of this effort.
Here is the timeline:
- Week of September 14: Continued Strength and Conditioning grouped by teams (click here for details)
- Week of September 21: Small group skill instruction by sport
- Week of September 28: Small group skill instruction continues (with the introduction of helmets in football)
- Week of October 5: Full team practices
- Week of October 12: Competitions begin
Game schedules will be shared when finalized.
We are entering this process cautiously. Our ability to follow this phased-in return relies on good decision making. We draw your attention particularly to the daily decisions we make about going to work or school. By erring on the side of staying home when we are feeling any COVID-19 symptom, each of us will be safeguarding our community's overall health and increasing the chances of our return to the extra-curricular activities we all enjoy either as participants or fans.
We are hopeful we can see our athletes compete this fall. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these challenging circumstances.