About Milestone Mondays
As we continue distance-learning, we have created "Milestone Mondays," a virtual recognition series honoring our students for their achievements in academics, the arts, athletics, leadership, and service. Modeled after events traditionally planned for the end of the school year, Milestone Monday celebrations will take place on the next seven Mondays at 7:00 p.m., or until we return to campus and in-person operations.
How to Connect
All families are invited to "log on and tune in" to celebrate and support our remarkable students and will be emailed each Monday just prior to 7:00 p.m. Folks can click on the link to watch immediately or use the link to watch a time that is more convenient. Links will also be stored on this page for easy access and sharing.
|April 6||President's Volunteer Service Awards||
PVSA is a national award that recognizes exemplary service to the community; 152 Upper School students were honored.
|April 13||AP Art Show #2: Reverie||
Thirteen Advanced Placement visual artists presented their work and reflections on their process.
|April 20||Cum Laude Society Induction Ceremony||
Cum Laude Society recognizes academic excellence by inducting seniors who have shown exemplary commitment to academic rigor and achievement during their Upper School years.
|April 27||National Honor Society Induction||
Fifty-two juniors were inducted into NHS for achievement in academics, student life, and community service. The formal ceremony has been rescheduled for August 18.
|May 4||Class of 2020 Collegiate-bound Athlete Ceremony||
This event honored 15 seniors student-athletes who committed to play their sport at the collegiate level.
|May 11||Lower and Middle School Honors Assemblies||
Lower School recognition included reading and math achievement. Middle School presented seventh- and eighth-grade honor rolls and two student achievement awards.
|May 18||Upper School Honors Assembly||
Upper School honors are awarded to ninth-, tenth-, eleventh-, and twelfth-grade students, including the presentation of the Class of 2020 Honor Graduates (top 10).
We are focused on delivering culminating end-of-year rites of passage.
- Junior Rings were delivered to the Class of 2021 with a ceremony to follow in August.
- Lower School Closing Service was May 21.
- A modified Fourth Grade Closing Ceremony was May 21.
- Our oldest tradition, Pass It On, was celebrated on May 22.
- Other traditions still in consideration are Blue and Yellow Shirt Day and Field Day.
- ESD begins and ends the academic year in worship. Closing Convocation for faculty and staff was May 28.
- And our highest priority is preserving the end of year traditions and experiences for the Class of 2020. Click here for more about the Class of 2020.