ESD’s admission process is designed to admit qualified students who are capable of benefiting from the school’s college-preparatory program and making a positive contribution to the school community. The Office of Admission works to identify, attract and retain a diverse group of students who possess the following characteristics: intellectual curiosity, willingness to serve others and community, self-motivation and a solid work ethic, admirable character, special talents, and an enthusiasm for involvement in the school’s extra-curricular activities.
- The application process begins in September each year
- The Beginner and Pre-K application deadline is the second Friday in November
- The application deadline for Kindergarten through 11th grade is January 18, 2013
- Application fee waivers are available
- Admission Previews for the Lower School will be October 10th and 23rd and November 8th (all Previews begin at 9:15 a.m.). The Admission Preview for the Middle and Upper School is set for December 1st at 9:30 a.m. Please visit the Admission Preview & Tours page for details and to register for each event.
- Admission decisions for the upcoming school year are mailed March 22, 2013
- Applications are available online.
An integral part of ESD's mission and philosophy is to be accessible and affordable to talented students of all socio-economic levels. For this reason, more than $3.1 million dollars in tuition assistance has been granted to students during the 2012-13 academic year. Families with students entering Kindergarten through 12th grade are eligible to apply for assistance. The tuition assistance application process begins after a student has been admitted to ESD and is reviewed annually.
CATS Testing Form
PK-1st Records Release and Teacher Rec
PK-1st Visit Form
2nd-4th Records Release and Teacher Rec
5th-12th Records Release and Teacher Recs
5th-12th Visit and Interview Form