Just Skip It Jump Rope Demonstration Team
Does your child love to jump rope? Is he/she an independent worker? Is he/she willing to work hard toward a long-term goal? Is he/she willing to work on jump rope skills at home? If you have answered yes to all of these questions, your child may participate in the first step toward becoming a member of our jump rope demonstration “Just Skip It” team.
Join the Team!
This invitation is open for those who are interested in being a member of the Just Skip It team. If your child can master all the tricks in the red, white, and blue club levels before the second week of September, he/she will be invited to be a member of our JSI demo team. Only those children who have mastered all the necessary skills will be asked to meet with Mrs. Brockhagen in the fall for the final test on the most difficult skills from each club.
*Please print out the skill sheets and Individual jump rope club tricks sheets.
Please note: All students with a 3:30 p.m. dismissal time need to bring a carpool note.
Team Commitment and Additional Information:
- Practices every Thursday from 3:30-4:45 p.m. in the LS gymnasium. Practices run during September-March. We also have 2 Sunday mandatory practices in early January.
- 10 performances (most are evening performances) I try to only schedule one evening performance per week. The busiest performance months are January and February.
- Venues include high school basketball games, health fairs, local schools, shopping centers, and professional sports games.
- Third and Fourth graders make up the majority of the team.
- $200 fee, plus the cost of their uniform and shoes (financial aid is available to those who need it).
- The “Just Skip It” team is made up of boys and girls from both campuses. There are no age limits. If a jumper can successfully perform the necessary skills, they are invited to participate on the team. Once a jumper moves to the north campus, they may continue to participate on the “Just Skip It” team.
Questions??? Please email Kris Brockhagen at email@example.com